According to reports from 9to5Mac their inside source at Foxconn says production of the iPhone 5 is gearing up with a summer launch likely. It should be noted that this is the same source that indicated last year at this time the the iPhone 4S would be coming out NOT the iPhone 5. Here is what we know so far:
- Apple is rumoured to be planning a summer launch for the as-yet-unannounced iPhone 5.
- There are a number of sample devices it’s not clear which will be the final model, each share common features.
- A 4+ inch display (made by LG on at least one of them)
- No teardrop-shaped devices, as rumored in the lead up to the iPhone 4S. Samples so far have been symmetrical in thickness (also longer/wider)
- Neither of the sample devices have the iPhone 4/4S form factor
- Neither of the devices are the final versions